Shepherd’s pie is an amazingly delicious dish, yet so incredibly easy to make. There is a reason why it becomes mom’s favorite during weeknights to make for dinner. It is hard to deny the savory of mashed potatoes meet with crispy meat and vegetables in a spoonful bite. The easy shepherd’s pie with instant mashed potatoes recipe below will let you know how to prepare and serve this classic comfort food that could come together in about half an hour.
This recipe would feature easy shepherd’s pie with instant mashed potatoes and corn, but you can absolutely switch the corn with any vegetable of your choice. Mushroom is another popular ingredient, as well as pea or carrot. It is also possible to make your own mashed potatoes instead of instant ones, however using instant mashed potatoes will make the whole process finish even faster so you could save some more time. Read about the recipe of easy shepherd’s pie with instant mashed potatoes below:
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes (for 4 servings)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can corns, or mixed vegetables with peas and diced carrots
- ½ stick or 4 tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper as seasonings
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Prepare sauté pan in medium heat, spread butter on it and add onion. Cook until the onion turns transparent for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the corn or vegetables into the pan at the end of the cooking time.
- Put the ground beef into the mix of onion and vegetables. Cook for about 10 minutes and lower the heat.
- Lay a casserole dish and layer the instant mashed potatoes and layer with the beef ground mixture. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Preheat the oven to the 350°F. Bake for 30 minutes until the pie browned and bubbling.
The easy shepherd’s pie with instant mashed potatoes above is delicious. Moreover, it is also a filling and healthy dish. Now that you get your hand on how to create the dish, it is time to try it. The mixture of grounded beef and vegetables layered with creamy and fluffy mashed potato is simply so amazing to induce everyone’s appetite on the dinner table. There is no doubt that your whole family will love this comfort meal. You can also save it on safe container and leave in on freezer if you have some leftover for the next couple of days.