What do you need to do when you want to do American Airlines rebooking? Don’t worry, it is not that difficult to do. In this article, you will learn some details you need to do if you want to rebook an American Airlines flight.
Rebooking means you once have booked a flight, then for some reason you canceled the flight. How should you rebook that canceled trip? Should you go to the American Airlines office just to rebook the airplane ticket?
No, you don’t have to go that far. Just sit still, relax, and you will find out that rebooking your flight isn’t that difficult. Here is how to do it.
First, you will need to prepare your record locator, which basically consists of 6 characters. You can find this detail in your confirmation email that you got once you booked the trip.
Second, you will need to prepare your ticket number as well. The typical ticket number for American Airlines will have 13 digits which begins with ‘001’. However, if you purchased add-ons (bags, seats, and upgrades), note that your American Airlines ticket will begin with different number.
If you don’t have the ticket number, you can find it in:
- In the cancellation email sent as you canceled the trip.
- Credit card statement. To be exact, you can find it in the reference number next to the amount charged on you.
- Confirmation email that you get when you purchased your flight.
The procedure of American Airlines rebooking will be explained below:
- Launch your internet browser, and then go to aa.com. Later, choose ‘Manage trips/check-in’.
- Choose ‘View canceled trips’. Don’t forget to fill the details such as the passenger’s first name, last name, record locator, and ticket number.
- As you have filled all the blanks, click on ‘Find your trip’.
- The page you are redirected to should show you the canceled trip you can rebook. You can see the total flight credit you have displayed on the screen.
- Now, on another browser tab, go to aa.com and find your new flight. Pick your flight, purchase add-ons, and then proceed to the payment page.
- As you are on the payment screen, proceed with clicking ‘Add Flight Credit’.
- Enter the ticket number you obtained from your canceled trip and finalize it by clicking ‘Apply Flight Credit’. If there is any remaining balance to pay, you may use credit card to pay it.
If you are stuck and need some help, feel free to call the reservation call center and get some help with American Airlines rebooking from there.